Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All Madden Indie Rock


Here at How’s the Pie we were very, very lucky to get into contact with one of our heroes, John Madden. (We think he was lured in by our name.) Madden was gracious enough to provide his own year end albums list.

5. Animal Collective- Strawberry Jam
I can appreciate any band that collects animals for what I assume will be eating. My favorite animal collective is turducken. The seamless integration of turkey and duck is just like Animal Collective’s seamless integration of ambient soundscapes and chanting pop songs. Also, look at that album title. Strawberry jam goes great with turducken.

4. Feist- The Reminder
1,2,3,4… Hey now there’s my kinda song- shockingly simple. Reminds me of me diagramming a play: Brett Favre goes back to pass, 1,2,3,4, touchdown!

3. Deerhoof/Caribou/Deerhunter/Matthew Dear
These bands collectively cover my favorite food groups- red meat. You get your Caribou, you hunt them with Deerhunter, eat it with Matthew Dear. (Listening to Deerhoof was really confusing?? Plus I can’t actually eat hooves, believe me, I tried! I just put them on the list because I saw the word deer. I actually don’t recommend them… BOOM?)

2. Football
I think football should become a band. You get Tony Romo on drums, any Fullback on bass will do, Olin Kruetz on lead guitar, Spencer Krug on keyboards, and Brett Favre as the lead singer. I mean, that’s, that’s, that’s, that’s a great band!

1. Spoon- Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
First off, you need spoons to help you eat, which I think is essential. But what makes this the best album of the year is the album title, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga is the noise that I hear in my head when I watch football! I also like the song The Underdog, it’s catchy.

-Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha funny. I can see Madden having fun with the ga's.

Anonymous said...

What's up, this weekend is pleasant in support of me, for the reason that this time i am reading this enormous educational piece of writing here at my home.

Stop by my web-site; megass