Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Music: Lily Allen


The newly blonde and continously sexy British pop singer posted two new songs on her MySpace earlier today, entitled "I Don't Know" and "I Could Say." The former is a sarcastic, materialism-mocking dance-pop anthem (or anti-anthem, I suppose, given the song's theme), while the latter is a post-breakup reflective piece, despite sporting a similar sonic approach. "I Don't Know" is the better of the two, offering a catchier hook and the type of sharp-tongued lyrics that Allen pens so effectively, including satirically labeling herself a "weapon of mass consumption." Check, and, mate! I feel like Ms. Allen and I share a lot in common, except for the fact that one of us is much better looking than the other. I am, of course, referring to me ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liking: These songs, her talk show on BBC Three, her third nipple.

Not liking: Blonde. For that reason, I will not argue Joey's claim of being hotter.