Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Flying Club Cup



Little did I realize how far the process of going to college would put me behind in the music world. Due to my mind being preoccupied with other things, I somehow failed to realize that the new Beirut album was being released on September 4th. As you may have guessed by now, Beirut is one of my favorite artists. This coupled with the fact that I never miss a leak made this all the more shocking to me. Anyway, I got The Flying Club Cup a few days ago, and I think it's easily as good as Gulag Orkestar, at least after two listens. It's much lighter on the gypsy style of the first record; it gives off more of a folksy vibe to me. Anyway, enough pontificating on my part, just listen to Guyamas Sonora, which is an absolutely beautiful song.
-Erik

Beirut - Guyamas Sonora

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.